Instant Messaging Rules: A Business Guide to Managing Policies, Security, and Legal Issues for Safe IM Communication
Partendo dalla considerazione che i software di instant messaging sono largamente diffusi nei luoghi di lavoro, l’autrice del libro (Nancy Flynn) ha snocciolato undici regole che oscillano tra il banale e l’ovvio.
1. Instant messaging is a form of e-mail—written correspondence that creates a written record.
2. Take control of instant messaging risks today, or face potentially costly consequences tomorrow.
3. Assume that your employees are already using IM without your knowledge, authorization, rules, or policies.
4. Originally intended for home use, IM poses significant risks to business owners.
5. Apply IM policy, training, and technology solutions to user ID and domain name changes.
6. Unauthorized, unrestricted instant messaging use is simply bad practice.
7. Act now to uncover unauthorized IM use.
8. Ignoring instant messaging may cost you more than using it.
9. Don’t rush in to ban IM.
10. IM productivity concerns may be overblown.
11. Don’t rush in to standardize instant messaging.
Pagina di riferimento: